The climate crisis has become a daily phenomenon today. World leaders have committed to addressing the root
causes of the climate crisis through reducing carbon emissions in the 2015 Paris Agreement to keep rising global
temperatures below 1.5 degrees Celsius. One of the efforts is realized through the transformation of energy into
renewable energy. In Indonesia, this is stated in the nationally determined contribution document which is followed
up by various policies to achieve net-zero emissions. In the Netherlands, the 2021 Climate Adaptation Summit calls
on countries of the world to work together and invest in finding solutions and mitigation of climate change.
On 5 June 2021, I&P Indonesia and IKANED raised this awareness to the Indonesian-Netherlands community in a
We highlighted the application of solar energy towards energy efficiency for sustainable community.
• Current conditions regarding climate crisis and urgency of energy transformation
• Green Building in tropical country, towards net zero emission through urban design and architecture
• Energy management system for residential and sinergic colaboration in terms of storage, distribution and operator
• PV system implementation and smart grids technology in the Netherlands
• Government policies and public involvement for transition to green energy in the Netherlands
To strengthen and widen the spreading of SDGs understanding among development actors, Neso Indonesia, IA-ITB, SDG Center ITB, I&P Indonesia, and IKANED take the initiative to organize an SDGs workshop on 20 November 2021.
The scope of this workshop are re-thinking sustainable development concepts, energy mix with sustainable natural resources and applied technology practices in society.